Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Illegal Downloading Files 101

Illegal downloading has its up and downs. The "ups" about it is that you do not have to pay like $10 or more for a CD. What if the CD is crappy, then what? That would sure be a waste of money, wouldn't it? I know this from experience. Years ago, I purchased the Charlie's Angel's CD and let's just say that it is not that great. I dread buying that thing to this day. People are downloading music because:
a.) They are unsure of how the CD will turn out
b.) Just in case the CD is crap a least they have the song(s) they like
b.5) They might not like the artist, but they might like the song the artist made
or....
c.) They just do not want/ do not have the funds to buy the CD
The downs of illegal downloading are that the artist does not gain any profit. I know a majority of artists are rich as crap, but they still deserve to make a profit since they stay maximum hours in the recording studio just to record songs for us. Also, a bad thing is that you could get caught and sued or fined. That would be bummer!! It is okay to share files without buying them because they are "free"--well, you do not have to pay for it, but someone does, right? and very easy--, but I do not think they should be shared that much because it is unjust. I think that is what "bootleggers" do. They go around selling knock off albums--probably from them downloading the CD and mass producing copies-- and sell them for like $5. I do not agree with that because where is the profit going? Maybe to themselves, I bet. It should be illegal...why?...just kidding. Oh yeah, because it is stealing from an artist. Now if you are downloading and the artist makes a %age of the profit, then I guess that would be just dandy.

No comments: