Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Talkin' Talk Show

On Tuesday September 30th, I tuned in to the Bill LuMaye Show around 3:05pm up until 4:40pm. Bill LuMaye had a guest named Dr. Campbell Harvey, who is an Economics professor at Duke University. LuMaye and Dr. Campbell were discussing the economy, specifically the Bailout Plan. Bill says that it is hard to understand what is going on. They were explaining how the Bailout Plan is a plan in which the government spends up to $700 billion to buy distressed mortgages. It involves buying up nearly all outstanding debt from some of the biggest investment firms in the world. Part of the plan is to buy up bad loans so that investment banks could start lending again. The Bailout Plan is aimed at preventing Wall Street from collapsing. Dr. Campbell and Bill discussed that the plan would result in taxpayers paying much more on assets or something. He says that the plan is misleading and that it will affect mainstream—families and businesses. Economic hardship is in progress. They announced that there may be a revised Bailout Plan that will be voted on sometime soon. Honestly, I kind of dozed on and off during some of this talk because of the “monotone-ness.” Not only that, but I was tired. I attempted to stay awake. I noticed that there was not any music and very little commercials. That is not a problem. This is the information I have gotten from the talk. If you ask me, I'd say that I have received a sufficient amount on the account that my eyes and brain was semi-alert, semi-not alert. Wouldn't it make more sense to just take that $700b and pay off the mortgages of people in trouble? The mortgage companies would still get their money and people's homes would be saved. Would the rich be affected by this rejected plan in any way? (I do not quite comprehend events like this.) Regardless of whatever plan of action the government decides to take, nine times out of ten, there are ALWAYS pros and cons. For any move that is made, there are ALWAYS going to be resulting consequences for everyone. I hope that the government does not take the dead wrong path and screw everyone up. I really hope that the economy can boost its way up to the top of the peak. In the future, I think that there will be satellite robots in which people can own and listen to talk radio. Or, there will be wall talk radio touch pads in which people can press a button to listen to talk radio. Talk radio will definitely still exist in the future, but the ways of accessing it will probably be different since technology is continuously flourishing. Why wouldn’t there be robots or touch pads or some other “futuristic” thing-a-ma-jig? What a weird prediction. I know.

No comments: